The deck has been in process since - wait for it! - August 2005 - so we want it to be an exceptional piece.
The images are painstakingly drawn in pen and ink by the brilliantly talented Russian artist, Lena Kozachuk, with a great deal of input and image editing by Alex Ukolov. It has been a real partnership, with both enhancing the skills of the other. Karen Mahony designed the concept and structure of the deck.
It is based on a variety of magical and fascinating creatures from world mythology, ranging from the familiar, such as the unicorn and the giant, to the less known, like the Irish Amandán and the strange, conjoined alchemical rebus.
We wont be repeating this version, which is one of our guaranteed limited editions.
A total of 500 copies would be printed and
approximate 475 copies only will be for sale. This is a signed and numbered Limited Edition. There will be a coloured version of this deck (we think in late 2017 or 2018) but it will be printed and produced in a more modern style and probably in a slightly larger quantity.
- Large size - this is a slightly different format from any cards we have made before at approx. 5.4 by 3.4 inches (13.7 by 8. 6 cm).
- Majors and courts each have an illustration of a mythical creature. Minors (pips) have highly decorative illustrations and show the suit symbols.
- Printed by the small artisan printers in Prague who did the original Tarot of Prague back in 2003.
They take great pride in their work and are known for doing small projects that need a lot of hand work.
- Printed on heavy 350 gram art card (this is not carbon-core playing card stock, it is a more old-fashioned art card).
- With a bronze ink overprint on the back (an old-fashioned ink thats more fitting for this deck than the cold-stamping that we have used recently on decks).
- Varnished with matte varnish so that the varnish is not obvious.
- Corners cut by a hand-process that results in slight unevenness - it is how antique cards were cut.
- A detailed booklet is included. This will have less information than the companion book that we plan, but is comprehensive enough to allow you to knowledgeably use the deck.
- Supplied in a sturdy wooden box specially designed for the deck and made in Czech Republic.
- Supplied with a beautiful hand-made pouch in gilded linen (a gorgeous fabric made in Czech Republic).
請將你的情況 Email 給我們，也包括以下資料：
這套魔法套裝是為客人特定訂造，每一套需最少 1-2 天前預訂。詳細情況可電郵查詢：firstname.lastname@example.org