For Wiccans and other Pagan practitioners, the Moon is a vital presence with much to teach us—about the eternal rhythms of the Universe, the powers of Nature, and the magical potential that is ours to tap into when we align our intentions with lunar energy. For millennia, the Moon has been associated with many central concerns of human existence: love, passion, fertility, mystery, death and rebirth, and the afterlife, just to name a few. It’s no wonder that this celestial body is the domain of the Goddess in so many traditions!
Wiccans know that the Moon influences all of us, whether we realize it or not. Yet it’s not always clear what this means in the context of our day-to-day lives. The focus on the New Moon and Full Moon throughout so much of Wiccan and Pagan lore can leave the impression that the Moon’s significance is limited to these times. But in fact, each phase of the lunar cycle offers particular energies that you can attune with and harness for your specific magical goals.
This book is for anyone wanting to learn more about the connections between the Moon and the practice of magic. While much of the information comes from a Wiccan perspective, and it is designed to include newcomers to Wicca, the broader focus of Moon Magic provides a rich foundation for enhancing your personal practice of magic through working with lunar energies.
Foundations of Lunar Magic
Many books about Wicca and magic will tell you that the waxing Moon is a time for attracting and the waning Moon is for banishing, but in reality, there’s much more to it than that. Moon Magic takes an in-depth look at the lunar cycle, providing limitless possibilities for working with these multifaceted energies. The practical elements are accessible enough for beginners, yet those with more magical experience will still find plenty of new ideas, concepts, and tips to enhance their practice. In this book, you’ll find:
- How the Moon’s energy influences the Earth, animals, and people
- The core elements of the Moon in Wiccan spiritual practice
- How the Triple Goddess in each of her aspects—Maiden, Mother, and Crone—aligns with the lunar cycle, and how each aspect can assist you with manifesting your magical goals
- A detailed breakdown of magical properties of the lunar cycle, beginning with the New Moon and moving through all 9 phases of the Moon’s journey around the Earth
- Working magic on Blue Moons and Lunar Eclipses
- Spells for each phase of the lunar cycle, as well as magical recipes, techniques, and correspondences—all focused on making the most out of your connection to the Moon’s amazing power
So whether you follow a particular tradition of Wicca, Witchcraft, or another Pagan path, or an eclectic combination of all three—or even if you’re simply just curious!—you will find plenty of useful information within these pages.
Lisa Chamberlain book collection