* the medicinal use of herbs, including illustrations of plants easily found in the wild
* history and religious lore - specific background information on individual herbs
* herb gathering and storage - the magickal way
* the herbalist as a magickal practioner
* incenses, oils, fluid condensers, amulets, elixirs and balms - detailed information on how to create them
* herbs and their relationships with gemstones, etc.
* herbal links with astrology and the tarot
* rituals - the use of herbs in seasonal festivals, initiations, handfastings, purifications, etc.
'Out of the hundreds of herbals, this book is one of the few that includes serious treatment of the realm of magickal herbalism along with basic information on the physical properties of various plants. This is a wonderful sourcebook with a wealth of information on the ritual uses of herbs. It is not only enjoyable to read, but its numerous chapters and appendices with alphabetical listings makes it easy to use. Thanks to Phoenix Publishing and to author Paul Beyerl for sharing this extensive work with others.'